Pages

blessed.

Hello Blog World. 
I am so excited about the news I am about to tell you! I have a new job! I can't even begin to describe to you how incredible and amazing this is. But before I get ahead of myself, let me start from the beginning.

Once upon a Time 4 years ago (Yes. I really meant the beginning), I was going to college and I needed a job in a very desperate way. I applied for every job I could on the job board in the TSC on my favorite campus (Utah State, of course). I found a job in Perry, over the mountain and through Sardine Canyon. I loved my job. I worked (and am still working) with a boy who has Autism doing ABA Therapy, or Applied Behavior Analysis.

I was also going to school and studying Speech & Language Pathology and loving everything that I could learn. Many people were surprised that I continued my education to earn my degree after I got married, but I knew that was my plan. My prayers were answered and I knew that finishing would bring my family and future little ones blessings. 

However, as graduation approached and I was supposed to be taking the GRE, and getting ready to jump into the Master's Program to continue my education in Speech & Language Pathology, I wasn't. I felt very uneasy about it and as I prayed & prayed & prayed I knew that the Master's Program wasn't for me. I wanted it to be, I wanted to be accepted into the Program and prove that I knew what I was doing but the Lord had other plans. It was confusing because there is little you can do with a degree in Speech Language Pathology without your Master's Degree.

I graduated. I found a job at Spring Creek Middle School as a Life Skills aid. It was a great job but it wasn't quite what I had imagined myself doing and it wasn't stretching me, but I liked it. I started selling Scentsy. I kept myself busy and kept my options open applying for many new jobs each month, just so I wouldn't miss out on anything. 

Then the family that I had worked for recommended me to some of their friends who also have a boy with Autism. And let me tell you, they must have been so very nice, because the new family asked me to work for them. 

I had to interview at Utah Behavior Services to provide a paper trail and make sure I wanted to work for the company. It was a breeze because I already knew I had the job. By the end of the interview they were offering me more clients and asking me to quit my job at the Middle School. "What?!" I was so surprised, but completely excited. Because of the Utah Waiver Program (click on the link to learn more about it!) which just started there is a great need for me. Which is wonderful.

The next day I put in my two weeks notice. My last day at the middle school is the 26th. I will really miss the kids there. 

But I am incredibly excited for this wonderful opportunity. A 'real' job!  So enough about the miraculous trail to my getting here, let me tell you what this job has to offer. 

1. Better pay.
2. I will get a gas card which will reimburse a little bit of my driving time. 
3. I will be a professional. :)
4. I will have clients in Perry, Tremonton and Ogden. 
5. If I take 4 classes. I will be able to become Board Certified. Which would equal more pay, and many more options, like insurance! (Can I just say that if I didn't have my bachelor's degree this would not be an option!)
6. They will help me pay for my classes & study for the tests! 
7. I will be working with a team of lovely ladies.   
 
Thanks for reading all of my excitement, I hope you are not rolling your eyes at all of my explanation points. I have such a passion for ABA Therapy. I have seen it work and I am excited to influence lives and help families. I never would have been able to get on this life track by myself, Dalan and I have been very blessed for our hard work through the hand of our Lord. It has been so humbling to see things fall into place in such a wonderful and flawless way. 

8 comments:

Kari said... Best Blogger Tips

That is so exciting!! Yay yay yay!! Having a job you're excited to go to every day is so important. I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats!!

Shantel said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is so so exciting. I'm so happy for you.

S Bingham said... Best Blogger Tips

This is SO awesome!

Daltons said... Best Blogger Tips

Yea for your Timari! You are so special and will help so many kiddos!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Timari, that is awesome!! I'm a little jealous. :) That sounds like the best job ever!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations! That is great news!

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips

Timari! So excited for you. I love it when things fall perfectly into place in life! Congrats :)