Pages

New Year's Resolutions

I am a huge advocate of New Year's Resolutions. I love making lists and I love organizing my life. Not that it works out how I plan it, but you have to work towards something. Lately I hear so much about how people won't make them because they don't want to fail. I really don't look at it like that. I don't put that much pressure on myself and I actually do them more then once throughout my year, I know, I am a huge dork :) That way when a goal goes off the board I can make changes and add it back to my list for another re-start. This year I am totally looking forward to a fresh start. Many of you know that this has been a rough year for us, those of you that are closer know just how tough of a year it has been. I am working (note the word working, this is not easy) on making sure I remember all the fun things and great times we had this year and to be positive. So here is my list of Resolutions.

1. Be happy in the now. Marjorie Pay Hinckley has a great quote that hangs on my mirror that says, "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." I found it on Pinterest, here is the printable, nice and simple.


  2. Exercise! I seriously don't know why I don't do this more often. I love when I exercise! I just need to keep finding fun ways to trick my mind to get it done! 

     3. Drink lots of water. I have been working on this a little this year already, but I need another kick start to remember to fill up my water bottles! When I drink more water my skin looks so much better! Again, why don't I just do this?!
4. Be me! 

5. Cook and plan meals. Some weeks I am so great at this and some weeks I am not ha ha. But I love when I am prepared and can have a good meal for Dalan when he comes home.

6. Plan some Scentsy Parties! Any takers!? (see how I snuck that in there)    

Happy New Year :) 

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I am the same way with meals. I am always happier when it's just planned and ready to go, yet for some reason, I slack off. Well, here's to a new year, right?! Hoping your 2013 goes better than 2012 :)