I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. Thanks to one of our good friends we were able to find a place that did the surgery completely free + paying us to let them do it. Can't get much better than that. Dalan dropped me off at the Jean Brown Research Center and by 6:30 the two teeth on the left side were pulled. And I looked like these lovely ladies, but a lot less chipper. (actually, I still do)

They wheel chaired me back downstairs and I said good-bye to Dalan in a mumble. He felt bad leaving me there all day but for $250 it was ok. I watched Marley & me first, super sad movie. By the end of the movie my numbing was gone and I was a 10 on the pain scale that they asked me about every 5 minutes. (seriously, every 5 minutes) They gave me four pills and I was crossing my fingers that I didn't get the placebo. Gratefully after about 45 minutes the 10 was dropping down to a 6 and slowly to a 4 and a 3. That is about where it stayed all day. The best part was when the I heard Dalan come to the front desk, I was in the room right next to the door. I was so exited to see him and to leave the little closet. He carried my stuff out and had a lot of great soft foods ready for me to eat. He even thought to bring me a spoon. And he had my prescriptions filled and ready to take. He talked to me the whole way home even though most of my responses were short and the left side of my face had little facial expression. When we got home Dalan sat with me on the couch and it felt so good to be home and be taken care of. Dalan had me eat some rice pudding and I was able to get something in my stomach. Dalan has been so great and helpful. I have the best husband ever. I love you Dalan.
P.s Dalan is officially done with his undergraduate! He took his last test last night :) YEAH!

They wheel chaired me back downstairs and I said good-bye to Dalan in a mumble. He felt bad leaving me there all day but for $250 it was ok. I watched Marley & me first, super sad movie. By the end of the movie my numbing was gone and I was a 10 on the pain scale that they asked me about every 5 minutes. (seriously, every 5 minutes) They gave me four pills and I was crossing my fingers that I didn't get the placebo. Gratefully after about 45 minutes the 10 was dropping down to a 6 and slowly to a 4 and a 3. That is about where it stayed all day. The best part was when the I heard Dalan come to the front desk, I was in the room right next to the door. I was so exited to see him and to leave the little closet. He carried my stuff out and had a lot of great soft foods ready for me to eat. He even thought to bring me a spoon. And he had my prescriptions filled and ready to take. He talked to me the whole way home even though most of my responses were short and the left side of my face had little facial expression. When we got home Dalan sat with me on the couch and it felt so good to be home and be taken care of. Dalan had me eat some rice pudding and I was able to get something in my stomach. Dalan has been so great and helpful. I have the best husband ever. I love you Dalan.
P.s Dalan is officially done with his undergraduate! He took his last test last night :) YEAH!
2 comments:
Sorry you had to have that done but yay for getting paid to do it :) I hope you heal up quickly (taking 1000mg vitamin C a day for 3-5 days wil help a ton) and that your back to yourself in no time! And congrats to Dalan for being done!
When I got my wisdom teeth out Gabe was living in Logan so I didnt even get to see him :( I hope you get feeling better soon and can start eating normally! Tell Dal congrats!
Post a Comment