Pages

motivation




Such great advice for exactly what I needed this week. I am playing with this idea to start blogging my progress with Service Learning. It is a group I joined last January at Utah State, it requires that I do 400 hours of service and also a capstone project before I graduate. Plus looks GREAT on grad school applications or job applications. You have read a little bit about my volunteering at Legacy House Assisted Living but that is about it. This week I have had a couple meetings about my capstone project and I have found that there are too many things to do, too many ideas. Today I decided which one to do, such a relief, kinda. It is called Celebrate Autism! and is a group designed for the siblings of autism. It will provide them with some time to get attention, learn a tiny bit about autism (since I personally think they are the ones who would know the most about their sibs) and have a ton of fun. We will plan activities, play games and let them make friends with some other kids who completely understand. But as we plan this I am getting super nervous. Cross your fingers for me that people come. . . . and so many other things that could go wrong go at least semi-smoothly. So maybe I'll start reporting more about service maybe I won't . . . ha ha we'll see how things go. I do know that I am super excited to start this project and I really really hope that it all goes well.

4 comments:

S Bingham said... Best Blogger Tips

Timari! This is a great project! With an autistic brother and cousin it would have been great if me and my other brothers would have had something to go to explaining more about what goes in in the mind of an Autistic person. Great idea!

Shantel said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck with everything Timari. That sounds amazing.

The Pippins said... Best Blogger Tips

What a WONDERFUL project Timari!! I think this is a brilliant idea!! I will need you to start something like this here in Mtn. Home. Emalee is constantly asking questions about her brother. She is just really trying to understand the differences she sees. She is so very proud of him and wants to be just like him but I think that having something like this and interacting with other siblings would be so beneficial!! Not only will you be helping these siblings have a better understanding but they will also grow up to be so accepting of others. You are such an amazing young lady and I am so proud of you!! I know everything will work out wonderfully!! The world needs more people like you!!

Charlie said... Best Blogger Tips

go. do. It will be amazing. You are amazing! I love you.