So. Today I got the sweetest letter from one of my favorite volunteer sites, Legacy House of Assisted Living. Which also included $20 to Sizzlers, a nice unexpected bonus. They are just the nicest people and that letter brought me right to tears, happy tears of course. I just love helping out over there. I love the people that live there and the ones that work there. Seriously, there have been times when I have planned to stay for an hour and left after 3. Time just seems to fly. This letter has just made my day and I had to share, which made me realize that I haven't posted any stories about the ladies and gents I've met at Legacy. And let me tell you, I have some good ones.
1. Alice. Alice has Alzheimer's disease, as do the people I work with most often. She loves treats! We will be handing out cookies and she will ask for some for her mom and sisters and friends and whoever else pops into her head at the moment. If you tell her to eat hers first, she will begin to hide her cookie or cookies in her shirt. We have to make sure she gets one for each hand. She also really likes men. She will often hit on the younger men, either volunteers or CNAs. It's hilarious. A pick up line would be something like, "If I wait up for you tonight what will happen?"
2. Coral. Coral loves puzzles. BUT there are things you have to know before you do a puzzle with her. If you start to get more pieces than her, she will get so frustrated with you. She has to win the puzzle. Also, one time we had to do the puzzle completely upside down, matching the brown undersides of the pieces. It was nearly impossible. She hates men.1. Alice. Alice has Alzheimer's disease, as do the people I work with most often. She loves treats! We will be handing out cookies and she will ask for some for her mom and sisters and friends and whoever else pops into her head at the moment. If you tell her to eat hers first, she will begin to hide her cookie or cookies in her shirt. We have to make sure she gets one for each hand. She also really likes men. She will often hit on the younger men, either volunteers or CNAs. It's hilarious. A pick up line would be something like, "If I wait up for you tonight what will happen?"
3. Lafaire. She had 5 boys and went back to school at Utah State with the youngest one alongside. She always gives me good advice for marriage. This one is my favorite, "Don't serve your husband too much or he'll get used to it. He should do his own laundry." ha ha
sorry for the long post of words and no pictures.
P.S. Dal and I missed a week and the puppies should come next week :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment